The Friends of Oaklands is a voluntary group which helps to support and promote the good work of Oaklands, in particular providing opportunities for young people and others who couldn’t otherwise afford to, access residential courses at the Centre and to support the centre in continuing to provide excellent courses to all groups.
You can contribute towards:
- Fundraising to support vulnerable young people accessing the Oaklands experience, to help increase their self-esteem by learning about themselves, other people and the environment
- Profile raising / increasing occupancy at the centre
- Fundraising for specific projects
- Working parties at the Centre – DIY, gardening….
- Pastoral work e.g. supporting programmed projects
Membership is open to anyone who supports the aims of the Friends of Oaklands, we have a junior member scheme too.
There is an annual membership fee of £5.00. (No membership fee for Junior Associated Members)
Meetings are held four times per year on Wirral, come along if you are free or contact the secretary Bob Saunders
Members receive regular updates / newsletters and have opportunities to take part in organised social events.
Volunteers play a crucial part in helping us bring about lasting improvements in the quality of provision at the Centre.