Originally a Victorian country house, Oaklands has been fully refurbished to provide all the amenities expected of a modern Outdoor Education Centre, whilst retaining its great character.
The Centre is set up to run with up to 4 residential groups within our 52 bed Centre. Traditional dormitories are available for students with en-suite rooms available for staff. We also have a new fully accessible accommodation block, with 3 en-suite dorms
There are secure changing facilities, with showers and toilets, independent of the house, for groups wishing to come along for the day.
Bunk bed accommodation is in comfortably furnished and heated rooms which sleep between two and eight people
- Some en-suite dormitories, predominantly for staff use
- Traditional dormitories for students, each with an en-suite toilet and washbasin
- We have an effective drying room, hot showers and a rest room with facilities for making hot drinks & snacks
- Our modern chalet style annex creates an area for group work and meetings
- Menus are always varied and our cooks cater for vegetarian and other dietary requirements
- Self catering or hotel accommodation can also be arranged
The Centre has been designed to accommodate up to 4 residential activity groups, within the 52 bed house, with additional groups using our day visits shower block. We have enough equipment to allow each group maximum flexibility on activities.
The centre has its own indoor climbing wall, and a pond suitable for raft building sessions.
Within the grounds we also have a number of problem solving resources. We are surrounded by mixed woodland which offers a range of orienteering courses close to the centre. Additionally, there is the infamous Dingle……