Oaklands is available to groups of all ages and ability for residential courses, expeditions, specialist courses, National Governing Body Awards or adventure days, all year round.
With the exception of Specialist
or Expedition courses bookings are taken based on the number of activity groups you would like to bring to the Centre. Activity groups can be made up of a maximum of 12, or a minimum of 9 participants, (including at least 1 participating adult for groups under 18yrs old). Please note that for residential courses we must charge for a minimum of 9 places per activity group regardless of how many you bring. The Centre is ideally suited for 3 activity groups, although we can accommodate 4, if required, utilising our Day Visit block.
We pride ourselves in being able to deliver tailored Outdoor and Adventure Residential or Day Visit courses all year round. We would be happy to receive your booking request at anytime.
Day visit courses can frequently
be accommodated at short notice.
If you are interested in bringing a group to Oaklands check out our availability calendar below – for residential courses only. Day visits, specialist courses or expeditions may be accommodated even if the Centre is full. Either complete the on-line booking enquiry form or download and complete the appropriate booking request form.
Please contact us direct on 01248 714501 and ask for Ruby to discuss our availability, or fill in the form below.
- Check availability online at: www.oaklands-centre.co.uk or contact the Centre to enquire about availability Tel: 01690 710 500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please complete and return this Booking Request Form to Oaklands with as much information as possible, including alternative dates if possible. When completing this form please note…
- Providing an email address will speed up communications
- Bookings are based on the number of Activity Groups your course will operate with
- Activity Groups must not exceed 12 and must include at least one participating adult
- Minimum numbers for activity groups are 9 (or 8 for Special Schools). We must charge for the minimum group size (i.e. 9, 18, or 27, or 8, 16 or 24 for Special Schools) even if your group is smaller
- Please let us know your course aims; such as Outdoor and Adventurous Activities, personal challenge, team work, fun! (rather than specific activity requests), if you would like evening activities, free option for full week courses, and any other details appropriate to your group
- Exclusive use of the Centre can only be guaranteed with 3 activity groups
- At peak times larger groups will receive priority over bookings
- Please note the time of arrival and departure for all courses, particularly when booking your own transport to the Centre
- We will send you a Course Confirmation and Deposit Request Form outlining your course details. Please check carefully that the details of your course are correct. It is imperative that you check, sign and return this form within 14 days, together with the appropriate deposit, to retain your booking. Deposits are non-refundable
- On receipt of your deposit we will send you a Course Detail and Deposit Receipt with your full course details, information on consent forms, room lists, and what to bring
- Any changes to your course must be received in writing (an email is fine) within 90 days of your course
- About 2 weeks prior to your course we’ll contact you to discuss your group and specific aims
After your course we will send you an invoice, (internal charge form for all Wirral Groups), for the number of students who attended, less your deposit, plus any additional costs (e.g. Records of Achievements, lost equipment etc.)
- Week Courses (Mon-Fri): Arrive 10-11am Monday. Depart by 2:30pm Friday
- Weekend Courses: Arrive between 7pm-8pm Friday. Depart by 4pm Sunday
- Half Week (Mon-Weds): Arrive 10-11am Monday. Depart 1 pm Wednesday
- Half Week (Weds-Fri): Arrive 12pm Wednesday. Depart by 2:30pm Friday
Full Week Split Options
If you are not swapping staff on the Wednesday cross-over day, your staff can accompany your groups to and from school, by arranging your transport as follows
- Group one: Arrive 10:30am Monday. Depart 11:30am Wednesday
- Group two: Arrive 3:30 pm Wednesday. Depart 2pm Friday
Alternativley click here to download our paper forms to fax or post to the Centre
Alternatively click here to download our paper forms to fax or post to the Centre