Monday – Wednesday
- Monday. 10:30-11am Arrival, groups normally leaving school around 9am. Induction to the Centre and out for a half days activity (often a climb or gorge walk depending on the weather, and your group aims)
- Tuesday. Full day out (often a split day of canoeing & gorge-walking, climbing & canoeing or a day underground. Again dependent on the weather and your group’s aims)
- Wednesday. On-site morning session. Often orienteering. Group depart 1pm
- Wednesday. Arrive 12am, groups normally picked up from school around 10:30am. Induction & on-site activity, often “The Dingle”
- Thursday. Full day out (often a split day of canoeing & gorge-walking, climbing & canoeing or a day underground. Again dependent on the weather and your groups aims.
- Friday. Morning session (often a climb or gorge walk), groups depart up to 2pm
As with all our programmes, we are flexible in our activities, (we need to be with the weather here in North Wales!), although the Wednesday change over days can be difficult for us to alter given the need to refresh the Centre for the changing groups.
In order to make your course run smoothly we require some information from you. Below are all the forms you will need to complete before arrival at the Centre.
All the forms need to be completed and brought along on the first day of your course. If you have any queries regarding these please do not hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com or tel: 01690 710 500
Information for course leaders
Group leaders will receive a booking pack with all the forms and (hopefully!) all the information you need for your course. If you’ve any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Centre via email or phone.
Copies of all the paperwork needed for your course are also available to download here
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Adult Consent Form
- Dormitory List
- Activity Group List
- Suggested Kit List for course members (Full week/5 day course)
- Suggested Kit List for course members (Split week or Weekend)
- Suggested Kit List for course members (Day Visit)
Updated Sept 2017
Useful Information For Group Leaders
Please read and action prior to your visit
Visiting Staff work in loco-parentis during your course
Do all your visiting staff hold a current DBS?
Do you have an appropriate gender split of visiting staff for your group?
Have you risk assessed your journey to and from the Centre?
Activity groups must not exceed 12 including 1 participating adult, are all your staff happy to fully participate in activities?
Evening activities can be arranged for your group for an additional cost. If no activities have been arranged do you have activities planned for the evenings/down time?
Have you considered dealing with a pupil/s who may be unable to participate in activities during your course?
Have you made appropriate arrangements for any pupils who may have special needs?
A copy of our risk assessments are available to view at the Centre, however must remain on-site. Should you require evidence of our risk assessments then you can download our covering letter by clicking here…
Oaklands is a Adventure Activities Licensed Centre (AALA). Information on our Licence can be obtained by clicking here.